Monday 25 January 2016

Changes afoot

As I expected, my enthusiasm for this sock yarn knows few boundaries. At lunchtimes once a week I teach crochet to some fellow work colleagues, and I couldn't resist shoving my yarn in their faces sharing my lovely yarn with those who appreciate it. They were very kind and didn't back away nervously. I actually managed to stop myself from showing it to my boss and every passing visitor, but it was a close-run thing.


At the weekend, house things were accomplished. Together with Eilish and Euan, I painted two walls of the living room. First coat, which is a bit patchy, but I'm pretty pleased with the colour. It looks a bit insipid on the photo, but it's very nice in real life and,coincidentally, matches the sofa almost perfectly. (We didn't plan that). The third wall with the window will be the same colour, and the fourth wall will be a brighter green. (there won't be an odd white stripe next to the door either).






Meanwhile, the socks continue to grow. I'm hoping to finish them before the yarn arrives to finish Caitlin's sweater (I think the socks might win), which should arrive in the next couple of days.





You may notice I have managed to make it to a real computer this time, as I've now added a better banner. Hooray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment