Tuesday 19 January 2016

Enforced change of direction

No yarn at the yarn shop (well to be fair, lots of yarn at the yarn shop, just none of the right stuff ), so the sweater is sulking in its project-bag-substitute Co op bag for life,  and the sock knitting continues :


Don't get me wrong, I love this yarn, and I love this  pattern  (good job too since this is my third attempt at knitting socks with it). But I don't like being told what to do  (does anyone?), and since I can't knit on the sweater ... well, it feels like my choices have been reduced to one. Kind of like the conversations you have with your kids when they're too little to know any better, so when they are throwing a hissy fit about going out for a walk because they wanted to watch peppa pig, but you give them a choice of two different hats to wear (handknitted, natch), and suddenly they're like "I am the lord and ruler! I get to decide EVERYTHING! !", and it doesn't dawn on them until at least bathtime that they were conned ... yeah, that.


But they are very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment