Thursday 11 January 2018

I'm feeling accomplished today

My life has changed so much in the last couple of months. My whole routine, my way of living,  has been shaken up and dropped where it landed,  and much of the time these days I feel like I'm scrabbling around trying to make sense of the jumbled pieces in front of me.
About half of the time, I feel like I'm metaphorically holding those pieces in my hands whilst staring off into space and wondering how to move forward.  The other half,  they seem to be stacking up pretty neatly and I'm even managing to make some pretty shapes with them :)
Today was one of the good days, and I managed to get out for a run. This was my first run since the beginning of November, and I was astonished to find that I  can still do it.  I only went about 3k,  just to ease myself in, but it was easy and enjoyable. It's given me back a lot of confidence that I can get back into it relatively quickly.  Good job really as my friend Helen has encouraged me to sign up for the Cancer Research UK Race for Life in May, so I need to get the practice in!

Another piece I've picked up recently is my daily walk. The first picture in this post is St John's College, the second is an Anthony Gormley sculpture at Trinity College.  I'm so lucky to have all these beautiful surroundings; there's always something wonderful to look at even if the weather is grey and miserable. 

And the yarnie stuff? 
Coming along nicely, thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment